ORG RNP Title BIO Michael Stanton is Director of Research and Development of RNP, the Brazilian national research and education network. In this capacity he coordinates activities related to the development of new services, the continued renewal of an Advanced Internet, and support for experimental Future Internet research. These activities involve extensive collaboration with the Brazilian networking research community, and very frequently with international partners through formal or informal collaborations. In 2012, he became a member of the Internet2 CTO's Program Advisory Group. Michael has also worked for more than forty years as a professor in graduate programs in Computer Science and Networking, and is currently at the Computing Institute of the Universidade Federal Fluminense. He holds a BA and PhD in mathematics from the University of Cambridge, England.
- 2015 Internet2 Global Summit
2014 Internet2 Global Summit
- AtlanticWave + Americas Lightpaths: Enhancing Research Connectivity between North and South America with Open Lightpath Exchanges and 100G Waves • PDF
- NRENs in the Dissemination of Innovative, Low Cost Global Solutions: From Universities to the World • PDF
- Testbed as a Service: Creating Worldwide Laboratories • PDF
- Spring 2009 Internet2 Member Meeting