Kees Neggers is Managing Director of SURFnet bv and Director of the GigaPort Network project. Kees has been a key player in the technical and organizational evolution of research networking and the Internet. He was involved as an initiator and Board member in several International network related organizations such as RARE, TERENA, Ebone, Internet Society and RIPE NCC. Currently he is active in the set up of GLIF, the Global Lambda Integrated Facility.
Present positions held in Internet related international activities include:
- Chairman of the RIPE NCC Executive Board
- European Co-Chair of the CCIRN
- Emeritus Trustee of the Internet Society
- Chairperson of the Global Lambda Integrated Facility (GLIF)
- Member of the Board of the IEEAF