ORG Energy Sciences Network (ESnet) Title BIO Brian L. Tierney is a Staff Scientist and group leader of the ESnet Advanced Network Technologies Group at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (LBNL). His research interests include high-performance networking and network protocols; distributed system performance monitoring and analysis; network tuning issues; and the application of distributed computing to problems in science and engineering. He has been the PI for several DOE research projects in network and Grid monitoring systems for data intensive distributed computing. Mr. Tierney has an M.S. in Computer Science from San Francisco State University, and a B.A. in physics from the University of Iowa. Brian has been at LBNL since 1990.
- Network Issues for Life Sciences Research
- Summer 2010 ESCC/Internet2 Joint Techs
- Summer 2008 ESCC/Internet2 Joint Techs Workshop
- Winter 2006 ESCC/Internet2 Joint Techs Workshop
- Fall 2004 Internet2 Member Meeting