ORG RNP (Rede Nacional De Ensino E Pesquisa) Title Director, R&D BIO Michael Stanton is Director of Research and Development at RNP, the Brazilian national research and education network. After a PhD in mathematics at Cambridge University in 1971, he has taught at several universities in Brazil, most recently as professor of computer networking at the Universidade Federal Fluminense (UFF) in Niterói, Rio de Janeiro state. Between 1986 and 1993, he helped to kick-start research and education networking in Brazil, including the setting-up and running of both a regional network in Rio de Janeiro state (Rede-Rio) and RNP. He returned to RNP in 2001, with responsibility for R&D and RNP involvement in new networking and large-scale collaboration projects. During this period, RNP has deployed a modern optical infrastructure providing high-capacity services for nationwide and international collaboration. RNP’s R&D activities have been conducted with the collaboration of research groups in ICT in Brazilian universities, and have led to the development and adoption of new user services by RNP, as well as enhancing RNP’s collaboration with similar network organisations abroad.
- 2015 Internet2 Global Summit
2014 Internet2 Global Summit
- AtlanticWave + Americas Lightpaths: Enhancing Research Connectivity between North and South America with Open Lightpath Exchanges and 100G Waves • PDF
- NRENs in the Dissemination of Innovative, Low Cost Global Solutions: From Universities to the World • PDF
- Testbed as a Service: Creating Worldwide Laboratories • PDF
- Spring 2009 Internet2 Member Meeting