Federations: We Got Issues!
Time 12/11/19 01:40PM-03:30PM
Room Bayside A/B/C (4th)
There are many sessions at the Technology Exchange that touch on the future of federations and new and innovative services around federations, but what about the services we are running now? Where are the pain points for Federation Operators, Identity Providers, Services Providers, and e-Infrastructures on a daily basis and can we do anything to make this better?
This panel session will focus on each of the issues as we see it - first presenting out the items and then inviting feedback from panelists and the floor. Issues to be covered will include:
- Short introduction: why are we here?
- Lessons from the Service Provider Operators Group (SPOG)
- Attribute release and schema issues
- Inconsistent baseline issues internationally
- What are our borders / boundaries?
- Extending the offer beyond “just” R&E
- Funding- do not fund the federations to the level to let them be a fully operational service, and also to support innovation.
Speaker Laura Paglione Spherical Cow Group
Speaker Heather Flanagan Spherical Cow Group
Speaker Rhys Smith Jisc
Moderator Nicole Harris GÉANT
Speaker Marina Adomeit SUNET (Swedish University Computer Network)
Primary track InCommon