Cloud-Connect Strategies in NGI
Time 03/08/19 08:45AM-10:00AM
Internet2's cloud-support approach includes integrated work across the entire Internet2 portfolio, with specific deliverables across NET+, network, and trust & identity activities to deliver a more comprehensive and eventually a full feature set of community and commercial cloud support activities. This cloud-support strategy is to address the needs of researchers and the academic enterprise in the use and adoption of cloud.
The session will include:
- an overview of the Internet2 cloud strategy
- a discussion about the strategy for NET+ services
- an explanation of Grants and Credits available from cloud providers such as Microsoft, Amazon and Google for researchers
- a guide to the Internet2 resources for the cloud offerings
- a description of Cloud Access, which is the combination of Cloud Exchange allowing community members to take advantage of the peering that has been established with cloud service providers who work closely with the research and education community and Cloud Connect, allowing community members to leverage national and regional infrastructures to extend their data centers to three cloud providers including Microsoft Azure ExpressRoute, Amazon Web Services Direct Connect and Google Cloud Platform Dedicated Interconnect
- an explanation of the Cloud Portal allowing creation of L3VPNs on demand to dynamically add or remove cloud service providers' direct connections (AWS Direct Connect, Azure ExpressRoute and Google Cloud Interconnect).
Speaker Sara Jeanes Internet2
Speaker George Loftus Internet2
Speaker Sean O'Brien Internet2
Primary track Advanced Networking