But Wait, There's More
This year, there are a variety of non-programmatic activities open to registrants! Be sure not to miss any of them!
Theme Park Tickets- Special Offers for our Technology Exchange Attendees
Discounted Theme Park Tickets (including an after 2:00pm ticket) are available to our Technology Exchange attendees. These must be purchased online and are not available at the gate. Conference badge and ID along with order must be shown. Full details/restrictions of each offer are available at the link above.
Guests of Loews Royal Pacific Resortenjoy:
- FREE Universal Express Unlimited™ ride access^ to SKIP THE REGULAR LINES in Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure—a benefit worth up to $129 per person, per day^^ (valid theme park admission required. Available at select on-site hotels.)
- Priority seating at select restaurants throughout both theme parks and enjoy first available seating at select Universal Orlando and Universal CityWalk™ restaurants.
Guests of ALL Universal Orlando On-site Hotels Enjoy:
- Early Park Admission† to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™ and select attractions at Volcano Bay™ water theme park, one hour before the theme parks open (valid theme park admission required)
- Complimentary water taxis or shuttle buses that take you directly to Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure, Volcano Bay and CityWalk™
- Resort-wide charging privileges with your room key card
- Complimentary delivery of merchandise purchased throughout the resort to your hotel
- Complimentary access* to select live entertainment venues at Universal CityWalk™ for the length of stay.
- Universal Orlando character appearances with some of your favorite theme park characters
- Start your day with a wake-up call from one of your favorite Universal Orlando characters
- Golf Universal Orlando™ program offers an exclusive program for golfers that enables guests to take to the links during their stay. You can reserve a perfect tee time, arrange for complimentary transportation* to and from select courses and more. For more information please contact the Universal Orlando Ticket Center in the hotel lobby.
Click here to learn more about Universal’s three amazing theme parks and Universal CityWalk™.
When: Monday, October 15 -- 5:00pm-6:30pm
What do YOU look for in a technical meeting? What elements of the current Technology Exchange format are working for you? What would you recommend we change? These and other questions are open for direct feedback during this "come-whenever-available" session. We will post both open-ended and direct questions around the room, provide participants with pen and stickie notes, and engage in discussion with individuals about the future designs for this event. Come by, grab a snack and a beverage, and let us know what YOU want out of this event!
When: Tuesday, October 16 -- 7:00am-8:30am
If this is your first time attending TechEX (or you just feel like it is!), join us for breakfast and conversation. We will reserve tables in the breakfast area and members of the program committee, Internet2 staff, and interested community members will be on hand to greet you, give you some "tips" on how to get the most out of the meeting, and introduce you to others in your primary area of interest. We'd like everyone who attends TechEX to have a few friendly faces in their corner!
In partnership with EDUCAUSE, Internet2 is proud to bring you an exclusive movie screening of Bias by Director Robin Hauser on Monday, October 15th at 7:00pm. Light refreshments will be available between 5:00-to-6:30pm and the movie will begin shortly thereafter.
Robin Hauser is the director and producer of cause-based documentary films at Finish Line Features and President of Unleashed Productions. Robin’s award-winning film, CODE: Debugging the Gender Gap, premiered at Tribeca Film Festival 2015, (and was shown at Internet2's 2017 Technology Exchange as well as the 2018 Global Summit) has caught the attention of the international tech industry and of policy makers and educators in Washington, DC and abroad.
Want a sneak peek before TechEX? Check out Bias website for 5 min preview.
Capture the Flag Computer Security Competition
When: Tuesday, October 17 -- 7:30am-5:30pm
On Tuesday, thanks to Merit and the Michigan Cyber Range for facilitating and sponsoring this event, we are offering up to 35 attendees the opportunity to participate in a Capture the Flag computer security competition. Capture the Flag (CTF) is a challenge designed to cover the spectrum of cybersecurity. From Python scripting and web application hijacking to penetrating SCADA networks, reverse engineering and database hacking, the exercise challenges participants’ technical skills. Attendees also learn to become better defenders by using open source tools. Participants use open source tools to fire off live attacks on networked systems in real time. A self-paced exercise, the CTF is a means to assess individual skills across a broad range of systems.
For more information -- and to REGISTER for this FREE activity -- please visit our Capture the Flag page.
When: Tuesday, October 16 to Thursday, October 18 -- various times
A full list of the Demonstrations is coming soon. We highly recommend visiting these demos during the following non-programmatic times:
- Tuesday: 9:50-10:20AM (AM Break), 12:10-1:30PM (Lunch), 3:20-3:50PM (PM Break), 6:30-8:00PM (Welcome Reception)
- Wednesday: 7:00-8:30AM (Breakfast), 9:50-10:20AM (AM Break), 12:10-1:30PM (Lunch), 3:20-3:50PM (PM Break)
- Thursday: 7:00-8:30AM (Breakfast), 9:50-10:20AM (AM Break), 12:10-1:30PM (Lunch)
When: Monday, October 15, 2:00-5:00 pm, Tuesday, October 16, 9:00 am-5:00 pm, and Wednesday, October 17, 9:00 am-5:00 pm
ARIN@TechEx is your one-stop source for information about the IPv4 transfer market, IPv6 deployment, and keeping your Whois data accurate. Jon Worley, ARIN’s Technical Services Manager, will be onsite to answer all of your questions and can provide assistance with any requests you’re currently working on with us as well as any you’ll be submitting in the near future.
The American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN) is the nonprofit, member-based organization that supports the operation of the Internet through the management of Internet number resources - IPv4, IPv6, and Autonomous System numbers - in its service region, which includes Canada, many Caribbean and North Atlantic islands, and the United States. ARIN coordinates the development of policies by the community for the management of Internet protocol number resources and advances the Internet through information and educational outreach. More information about ARIN is available at https://www.arin.net.
When: Monday, October 15 to Thursday, October 18 -- various times
To ensure attendees have an opportunity to schedule some ad hoc meeting space for continuing discussions that crop up at TechEX, we have reserved space for on-site booking. A list of room(s) and times will be available at the Registration Desk; attendees will be limited to 2-hour blocks of time to ensure maximum use of the space.
Tuesday, October 16 -- 5:00-6:30 pm
To ensure attendees have an opportunity to engage in discussions with our sponsors, a short happy hour (with drinks and light refreshments) concludes the day's formal programming. Please be sure to thank our sponsors, without which support we would not be able to produce such an excellent event!