Scholarships & Awards
The following awards will be given at the 2018 Internet2 Global Summit. Click the links below to learn more about these important opportunities.
- Internet2 Inclusivity Award – Supporting the attendance of emerging information technology women and early career professionals at Internet2 conferences—thereby supporting their entry into the IT field and the Internet2 community.
- Richard Rose Award – Recognizing extraordinary individual contributions to extending the reach of advanced networking from research universities to the broadest education community.
Scholarship Sponsored by Splunk
[company] is offering one scholarship, providing registration, travel and lodging for an Internet2 community member to attend the [2016 Internet2 Global Summit].*
[company] is pleased to offer the scholarship to an attendee who:
- Would like the opportunity to gain hands-on experience using machine data to find insights and improve outcomes—making education and research institutions across the board more productive, competitive and secure.
- Would like to learn how machine data can help gain better visibility into IT systems, enabling better situational awareness and more secure, effective operations.
Identity and Access Management Specialist
University of Washington Information Technology
Sarah Squire is a native of Seattle, Washington, where she has spent years managing complex technology projects. She currently works as an Identity and Access Management Specialist at University of Washington IT as well as a part-time lecturer at the University of Washington Information School. She is passionate about the potential for technology to empower changes in society, business, government, and education. She holds a Bachelor of Science in Physics as well as a Master of Science in Information Management.
Sarah’s Twitter handle is @sarahksquire.
How To Apply
The deadline for application is April 15, 2016.
To be considered for a scholarship, the applicant must:
- Be a full-time staff member, researcher, faculty or student at a U.S. Internet2 member higher education institution, affiliate organization, R&E network organization or U.S. UCAN/SEGP participant.
- Be engaged with advanced technologies in some way in current role, either as a designer, implementer, administrator or user (Cloud, Network, Trust/Identity technologies preferred).
- Be available to attend the 2016 Global Summit in Chicago, IL, May 15–18, 2016
- Commit to attend all session blocks, General Sessions, and Sponsor Display Hall hours.
- Commit to coordinating with Internet2 staff to be recognized as scholarship recipient.
To be considered, all entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. EST, April 15, 2016.
Applicant submissions that meet the criteria above will be juried by an Internet2 panel with two awardees being notified on or before April 30, 2016. The decision of the judges is final.
Questions about the scholarship program can be directed to: email@example.com.
*Scholarships include registration for the 2016 Global Summit only and do not include any optional activities. Round-trip travel will be booked by Global Summit event organizers from the airport nearest the recipient's home in economy class. Internet2 will provide single occupancy lodging at the meeting hotel for four nights, checking in on Sunday and checking out on Thursday. Ground transportation, meals not provided at the conference, and other incidental expenses were the responsibility of the recipients.