All Demonstrations will be available during the following times:
- Monday: 7:00-8:30AM (Breakfast), 9:50-10:20AM (AM Break), 12:10-1:30PM (Lunch), 3:20-3:50PM (PM Break), 6:30-8:00PM (Welcome Reception)
- Tuesday: 7:00-8:30AM (Breakfast), 9:50-10:20AM (AM Break), 12:10-1:30PM (Lunch), 3:20-3:50PM (PM Break)
- Wednesday: 7:00-8:30AM (Breakfast), 9:50-10:20AM (AM Break), 12:10-1:30PM (Lunch)
Internet2 DDoS Mitigation Service
This will be a demonstration of the Internet2 cloud-based, volumetric DDoS Mitigation Service. We’ll showcase the mitigation and reporting capabilities of the portal.
Community Virtual and Augmented Reality Experience Zone
Virtual and augmented reality technologies are an important emerging space for the research and education community. It is difficult to describe the impact of these technologies without firsthand experience - seeing is believing. Visit the experience zone to try virtual and augmented realities for yourself, including the Oculus Rift, HTC Vive, Microsoft Hololens, Samsung GearVR, and Google Cardboard. This experience is made possible through the efforts of the University of Cincinnati Center for Simulations & Virtual Environments Research and the Internet2 Metaverse Working Group.
Enabling TIER Community Adoption using a DevOps Approach and the TIER Workbench
The TIER demos highlight two real-world workflows demonstrating provisioning, deprovisioning, and authorization with TIER components and APIs. One demo will highlight a provisioning workflow in which person data is dynamically created in the person registry (midPoint), authorization rules are evaluated by Grouper, and attributes are provisioned to Slack by leveraging the Slack SCIM (System for Cross-domain Identity Management) API. The second demo will show how a working group leader can provision users via COmanage and provide authorization for access to Atlassian applications like Confluence and JIRA.
In addition, the demos will provide links to the relevant GitHub code repositories and have information about using the TIER Demo Workbench to test your own code.
- Provisioning and Deprovisioning of User and Authorization Information from a Person Registry to Slack via SCIM (System for Cross-domain Identity Management) APIs:
- This workflow shows how SCIM APIs can be leveraged in conjunction with the TIER-provided components.
- We will highlight a provisioning workflow in which “person” data is dynamically created in the Person Registry (midPoint); authorization rules are evaluated by Grouper; and the staff member’s attributes (contact information and access rights) are provisioned to a Slack instance by leveraging the Slack SCIM API. As the number of SaaS providers grows, it becomes essential to externalize and consolidate the management of entities (persons and things) and access (authentication and authorization) data, resulting in a coherent, consistent, enterprise-wide function rather than a growing list of service-specific tasks and integration tools.
- Provisioning User credentials and Authorization information from COmanage to Atlassian applications by way of a Working Group Leader role:
- In this workflow, Federated Credentials are used to provision accounts via COmanage and, once approved, gain authorization to provisioned working spaces for Working Group participants who work with Confluence content pages, Jira projects, and Sympa email lists.
NOTE: These demos are NOT available on Wednesday!