2016 marks the 20th anniversary of the founding of Internet2 and the 2016 Global Summit is an opportune time to showcase the Internet2 community’s rich history and bright future—focused on the transformation of research and education in the next 20 years and beyond.
The Internet2 Community Showcase, a track within the events program, is an informal, “open-air” presentation venue located in the exhibit hall and features topics and demos given by the community. To tie in with this year’s Global Summit theme, we encourage participants to submit topics reflecting both their industries’ past and how they plan to help advance the higher education community toward a bright future. Topics range from innovative outcomes using advanced networks and cloud to trust/identity/middleware technologies in research and education.
To create optimal programming and attendance, the Community Showcase is structured to accommodate three (3) speaking opportunities throughout the conference. Each session will be 15 minutes in length, followed by a 10-minute Q&A period. If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit the information outlined below. All abstracts will be reviewed by the Global Summit Program Committee and will be selected based on the criteria outlined below.
Submit your request via email to Holly Hein at firstname.lastname@example.org, and include the following required information:
- Title – (please begin title with “Community Showcase:”)
- Abstract of no more than 200 words
- Demo overview (if applicable)
- At least one speaker/presenter name
- Company and/or university presenting
- A primary contact name and email address for notification
Proposals will be considered on the basis of the following criteria:
- Innovative research and education institution outcomes
- Extent to which a project or initiative is leading edge and innovative
- Focus on new technological breakthroughs, developing and evolving applications
- Degree to which session itself utilizes and/or demonstrates advanced and innovative technologies
- Extent to which a project or initiative will provoke discussion and interaction
Submissions must be received by: April 22, 2015
Notification of acceptance will be sent no later than: April 29, 2016
For additional information, please contact Holly Hein at email@example.com.