The 2015 Internet2 Technology Exchange, a premier technical event in the global R&E community, brings together technology visionaries, including the most inventive chief technologists, scientists, engineers, architects, operators and students in the world, to address technical challenges facing organizations today.
The Internet2 Community Showcase, a track within the events program, is an informal, “open-air” presentation venue located near the exhibit hall and features topics and demos given by the community. Topics range from innovative outcomes using advanced networks and cloud to trust/identity/middleware technologies in research and education.
To create optimal programming and attendance, the Community Showcase is structured to accommodate 6–9 speaking opportunities throughout the conference. Each session will be 15 minutes in length, followed by a 10-minute Q&A period. If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit the abstract criteria (see below). All abstracts will be reviewed by the Technology Exchange Program Committee and will be selected based on the criteria outlined below.
Abstract Submission Criteria
All abstract submissions must include how the proposed topic, best practice or demo content addresses one (or more) of the track themes. Demonstrations or joint presentations by industry and institution members will receive highest acceptance priority. Proposals will be considered on the basis of the following:
- Highlights innovative research and education institution outcomes
- Focuses on new technological breakthroughs, developing and evolving applications
- Uses and/or demonstrates advanced and innovative technologies in the session itself
- Provokes discussion and interaction with attendees
Submit your request via email to Holly Hein at email@example.com, and include the following required information:
- Title – (include Community Showcase first in title)
- A session abstract of no more than 200 words
- Demo overview (if applicable)
- All organizations presenting
- At least one speaker/presenter name
- A primary contact name and email address for notification
Joint presentations by industry and institution members will receive highest acceptance priority.
- Presentations will be scheduled in approximately 15-minute time slots within the Community Showcase area.
- All presenters will have access to a 90” LCD screen provided by Internet2.
- Standard Internet2 meeting speaker guidelines will apply.
Submissions must be received by: September 4, 2015
Notification of acceptance will be sent no later than: September 11, 2015
For additional information, please contact Holly Hein at firstname.lastname@example.org