Scholarships & Awards
- Gender Diversity Award – Supports the attendance of emerging information technology women and early career professionals at Internet2 conferences, supporting their entry into the IT field and the Internet2 community. Congratulations to our awardees for the 2015 Technology Exchange: Sarah Bailey and Gourija S. Menon.
- Gender Diversity Award, in recognition of Carrie Regenstein - was created for women recognized as "generalist," whose focus is on the use of technology to serve the faculty, staff and students of her institution. Congratulations to the awardee for the 2015 Technology Exchange: Chris M. Collins.
- Scholarships sponsored by Brocade and Skyhigh (see below). Congratulations to Marisa Brazil and Ludwig Gantner!
Scholarships Sponsored by Brocade and Skyhigh
Brocade and Skyhigh each offered one scholarship providing registration, travel and lodging for Internet2 community members to attend the 2015 Technology Exchange.*
Brocade is pleased to offer the scholarship to an attendee who:
- Would like the opportunity to gain hands-on experience using OpenFlow to enable a high speed science DMZ (this is an excellent opportunity for a Computer Science student with interest or background in Software Defined Networking (SDN), OpenFlow and Network Virtualization); or
- Would like to learn how the adoption of SDN using OpenFlow is enabling big data applications over the WAN—even down to the campus edge providing security, scale, agility and flexibility
Skyhigh is pleased to offer the scholarship to an attendee who:
- Would like the opportunity to gain additional experience and knowledge in cloud security, compliance, and enablement to enforce data loss prevention policies.
The deadline for application is September 11, 2015.
To be considered for a scholarship, the applicant must:
- Be a full-time staff member, researcher, faculty or student at a U.S. Internet2 higher education institution, affiliate organization, R&E network organization or U.S. UCAN/SEGP participant.
- Be engaged with advanced technologies in some way in current role, either as a designer, implementer, administrator or user (Cloud, Network, Trust/Identity technologies preferred).
- Be available to attend the 2015 Technology Exchange in Cleveland, Ohio, October 4-7, 2015
- Commit to attend all session blocks, General Sessions, and Sponsor Display Hall hours.
- Commit to coordinating with Internet2 staff to be recognized as scholarship recipient.
To be considered, all entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. EST, September 11, 2015. Applicant submissions that meet the criteria above will be juried by a Scholarship Selection Committee with the awardee being notified on or before September 19. The decision of the judges is final.
Questions about submissions or the scholarship program can be directed to: email@example.com.
*Scholarships include registration for the 2015 Technology Exchange only and do not include any optional activities. Round-trip travel will be booked by Technology Exchange event organizers from the airport nearest the recipient's home in economy class. Internet2 will provide single occupancy lodging at one of the host hotels for four nights during the event. Ground transportation, meals not provided at the conference and other incidental expenses are the responsibility of the recipients.