Leadership Track (Invitation Only)
Time 10/27/14 03:30PM-05:00PM
Room Room 101-102
Sponsored by Aspera
The Challenges of Aligning Cloud Services with University Requirements -- Facilitator, Bob Sabourin: Manager, U-M ITS Planning - Cloud
This session will introduce questions and provide some perspective based on University of Michigan experiences concerning the challenges of aligning cloud services with University strategies and objectives.
Some of the following areas will be addressed:
- The limitations of TCO in evaluating the benefits of cloud services,
- The pros and cons of cloud contract vehicles,
- Taking advantage of rapid innovation and new players in the cloud services space,
- Shifting staff from managing infrastructure to driving innovation, and
- Aligning cloud service use cases to University and IT strategies and objectives (financial too)
We will break into small groups to discuss these issues.
Speaker Robert Sabourin University of Michigan - Ann Arbor