Vendor SDN Panel
Time 10/28/14 12:15PM-01:30PM
Room Room 201
A moderated panel discussion to explore the current and future state of various major network equipment vendors' SDN implementations and their readiness to operate in production networking environments.
Brocade: Kevin Woods, Product Management - Software Networking
HP: Karen Rhodes, Consulting Architect HP Networking
Cisco: Eddie Ruan, PhD, Cisco Principle Engineer
Arista: Darrin Thomason, Solutions Architect/Central Region SE Manager
Juniper: Sachin Natu, Product Line Manager
Below are questions the panel will discuss:
1. Is OpenFlow a fully supported feature in terms of regression testing,
documentation, TAC support, etc?
2. Which controllers are part of your regression testing?
3. Do you have plans to certify your switch to work with specific controllers and applications?
4. What's your strategy for adding for more flexibility to the packet forwarding pipeline going forward?
5. Do you have plans to use auxiliary channel feature in OF1.3 to
increase the OpenFlow packet-in/out throughput?
6. Are you planning to have your switch certified by the ONF?
7. Are you looking to add new hardware features to your switches over
time in light of SDN capabilities?
8. Which switches are part of your regression testing?
9. Do you have plans to certify your controller to work with specific
10. What's your strategy related to OpenDaylight?
11. Are you encouraging 3rd parties to build software "on top of" your
controller? If so, what's your strategy to help 3rd parties monetize their software?
12. How are you addressing redundancy and scaling of the controller?
13. Is OpenFlow a useful tool in your tool bag today? If not, do you think it will be at some point in the future? If the answer is no, then what's your plan for interoperability?
14. At what layer of abstraction will your solution interoperate at?
15. Do you think data center and wiring closet switching hardware will
become commoditized over time?
Moderator Matthew P. Davy Tallac Networks
Speaker Kevin Woods Brocade Communications Systems, Inc.
Speaker Eddie Ruan Cisco Systems
Speaker Sachin Natu Juniper Networks
Speaker Darrin Thomason Arista Networks
Speaker Karen Rhodes HP (Hewlett Packard)
Primary track Advanced Networking/Joint Techs
Secondary tracks Cloud Services (Systems Integration & Ownership)