Scholarships Sponsored by Brocade and Cisco
Brocade and Cisco are offering two scholarships providing registration, travel and lodging for Internet2 community members to attend the 2014 Technology Exchange.*
Brocade is pleased to offer one Scholarship to an attendee who:
- Would like the opportunity to gain hands-on experience using OpenFlow to enable a high speed science DMZ (this is an excellent opportunity for a Computer Science student with interest or background in Software Defined Networking (SDN), OpenFlow and Network Virtualization); or
- Would like to learn how the adoption of SDN using OpenFlow is enabling big data applications over the WAN—even down to the campus edge providing security, scale, agility and flexibility
Cisco is pleased to offer one Scholarship to an attendee who
- Is interested in building next-gen cloud offerings, particularly hybrid or federated cloud offerings leveraging the myriad of cloud offerings available today; or
- Has a keen interest in Open Daylight and it’s applications in the research and education fields
How To Apply
The deadline for application was September 5, 2014.
To be considered for a scholarship, the applicant must:
- Be a full-time staff member, researcher, faculty or student at a U.S. Internet2 higher education institution, affiliate organization, R&E network organization or U.S. UCAN/SEGP participant.
- Be engaged with advanced technologies in some way in current role, either as a designer, implementer, administrator or user (Cloud, Network, Trust/Identity technologies preferred).
- Be available to attend the 2014 Technology Exchange in Indianapolis, Indiana, October 26–30, 2014
- Commit to attend all session blocks, General Sessions, and Sponsor Display Hall hours.
- Commit to coordinating with Internet2 staff to be recognized as scholarship recipient.
To be considered, all entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. EST, September 5, 2014. Applicant submissions that meet the criteria above will be juried by an ESnet-Internet2 panel with two awardees being notified on or before September 19. The decision of the judges is final.
Questions about submissions or the scholarship program can be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Scholarships include registration for the 2014 Technology Exchange only and do not include any optional activities. Round-trip travel will be booked by Technology Exchange event organizers from the airport nearest the recipient's home in economy class. Internet2 will provide single occupancy lodging at the JW Marriott Indianapolis for four nights, checking in on Sunday, October 26, 2014 and checking out on Thursday, October 30, 2014. Ground transportation, meals not provided at the conference and other incidental expenses are the responsibility of the recipients.