The UEV Project application process will be managed by Internet2.
To apply, complete and submit the following items to email@example.com by 5:00 p.m. Eastern, May 23, 2014.
- Completed project application form
- One-page project summary including:
- A precis of the campus carbon reduction plan, and
- A description of ongoing funded sustainability research projects on campus
- Project description (10 pages or less) addressing:
- How data generated by vehicle and users will be collected, aggregated, stored, and protected
- How data generated by vehicle and users will support the sustainability research project(s)
- Institutional capabilities and track record in multi-institutional collaborations
- Campus Sponsor track record in project management
- Campus Sponsor NSF-format 2-page biosketch
- Campus CI plan demonstrating commitment to identity management (including eduroam and InCommon)
The award will be announced by June 24, 2014.
Eligible applicants include campuses with the following attributes:
- A signatory of the American College and University Presidents’ Climate Commitment (ACUPCC)
- One or more Federally-funded research projects in the general area of sustainability
- InCommon membership
- eduroam, and WiFi deployment compatible with collecting data from vehicle in motion on campus
- Data storage capacity and facilities
- Available electric outlet-equipped charging station parking spots for up to four UEV micro-vehicles on campus
- Campus Sponsor with strong track record of leadership in multi-institutional research projects and peer-reviewed funding
Up to four campuses will be selected to participate in the project. This initiative will include a Steering Committee comprised of technically qualified representatives from Internet2, Innova, and Internet2 member institutions. The Committee will evaluate applications based on the degree to which the eligibility attributes are met, as well as the synergies expected among the selected set of campuses.